Saturday, August 4, 2007

Workin' in the Old Mine!




Goin' down, down down! Workin in the Old Mine. Whew, about to break down!

I never in a million years thought it would happen. Guess it gives new meaning to the phrase "going full-circle!" I started as a customer, and now I'm a bartender there. Is that a good thing?

I worked this past Weds., only a half shift, because of the real job, but I worked nonetheless. A few bumps in the road aside, it was a good night! I had Bill Fraz, a father and son from Pittsburgh, a couple from Great Britain, and a few Ohioans. Not overly busy, and everyone drank only beer! Didn't get a chance to screw up any mixed drinks! I must save myself to pour another time, and there will be another time!

It was a learning experience. Everything in my life seems to be these days, and I had fun. I inherited my mom's gift of gab and my dad's gift of BS, so one might think tending bar is a perfect job for me!

All kidding aside, it was a good night, and I enjoyed it. Definitely not something I'd want to do for a living, but something not bad every once in awhile!

As one can see from the pictures, the good ole Reliance Mine is starting to show its age. Definitely, it's in need of a facelift! Still an awesome place to hang out, though!

4 comments:

Duane said...

Basecat, if you had a dollar for every time you pulled on that door, how much extra money would you have?

Steve Basic said...

JR,

I'd probably would have a new house and a new car. :)

Hope all is well, and glad you survived your first shift at The Mine.

Take Care.

Mike Nugent said...

I think you're right Basecat, except that you didn't mention that the house would be in Beverly Hills and the car would be a Ferrari!

Steve Basic said...

Mike,

Me in Beverly Hills?? :) LOL. Then again I would have a very nice cement pond. :)

Y'all come back you hear! :)

Hope all is well in the land of JLC.

Take Care.