Friday, October 3, 2008

What Not to Wear to the Renaissance Faire"...
















So, it turns out that Im now a "Ren Faire" person! Lori and I went a couple of times, and I do enjoy it (I even bought a pirate outfit that I plan to wear as soon as we can go again!). The Ren Faire is fun. It's something different than other of the other reenacting I've done. And, you get to see some real, full-contact jousting to boot! How fun is that?

That said, there are people in the faire who try to dress period and would be better off staying home, or coming in modern attire. If you want to 'dress in garb', you should try to 'do it right'. Black Converse All-Stars are not proper Ren Faire attire! The photos above show only a small fraction of what I've seen the two times I've been there! Yikes! Some people are really scary.

By the way, if a tree falls in the wods and there is no one there to hear it, does it still make a sound?...I dunno...Knock the broad with the tattooed tree over, run away fast, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to find out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how fun! jousting and role-playing! though you were right about the black converse all stars boot... lol anyhoo, thanks for posting the pics :)