Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Heinz Field, Here We Come!"













So, Lori and I went to the Monday night football game in Pgh. vs. the Ravens, and oh, what fun it was! She had never been there, so we made the day of it. A quick stop in good, ole GC for the tickets, then south to the city of bridges, and the home of the black and gold.

We pulled into the parking lot around 4:45, set up our rolling tailgate party, and took it all in. There was some serious tailgating being done, and we enjoyed seeing it all. For some of these people, a tailgate party is more like a religion or way life.

Black and Gold campers and vans, 15 ft high flagpoles, grills, coolers, cornhole games, and, of course, beer! It was fun. I even got to see my good friend, Bill and his wife Carrie.

The game started out boring and even a bit scary, but Santonio Holmes' magic TD reception and Lamaar Woodley's slow-motion fumble recovery for td electrified the place like I'd never seen it before. It was like a playoff game. Heimz Field was a'rockin', and the Steeler nation was loving every minute of it!

It was another throwback jersey night as you can see, and some retired veteran Steelers were there to be recognized. It was good seeing the old guys come out for the game (Kevin Greene still looks scary, by the way!)

We took a trip up to the top of Mt. Washington to take in the view of the city from above after the game, and finally went to bed around 3am. The next morning, I took Lori around the South Side, my old stomping grounds, the place of my birth, and where my cousins and I got into a lil' bit of trouble more than a few times.

Lori got to see her team and their fans in action, and I did some flashing back to the good ole days! Truly an awesome two days! Can hardly wait to go again!

No comments: