Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas in the ole' Reliance Mine!














So, Bobbie had her Christmas party last night, and it was a great time. Live music was done by Perry Kamp (who actually is pretty good!), lots of food was put out for all to enjoy, and it was just an all-around awesome night of fun and friendship. Bobbie actually did well, and though she was busy at times and needed a little bit of help, she proved to all that she can still take care of "her bar!"

All fears aside, the weather held up. It didn't get icy until after the party ended. I spent the night in the hotel (no, I didn't get the room next to the saloon, but I was only two doors away).

I took Bobbie home this morning (she had the room next to the saloon), and after a small detour to Gardner's for some salt, I got her home and in the house okay (Hey, it's a lot of responsibility when you control the fate of a Gettysburg legend. I couldn't let anything happen to her. 'Not on my watch!'). Anyway, fun was had by all. If you went and didn't have fun or get enough to eat, you have no one but yourself to blame for that one!

I'm thriving in my new town, and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Nugent said...

Merry Christmas Duane and best wishes for 2008!