Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Is it?...










...or is it not? John Richter thinks so. Bob Zeller thinks so. Harold Holzer has no reason to believe it's not him. So, why all the fuss?

Because there's no definite proof that it is either. I had a conversation, along with a few other people, last night with one of the country's leading experts in Civil War photography. He is 'skeptical', at best. More details will be shared on Weds., and I'll post more as it becomes available.

"Just because there's no reason to believe it's not him doesn't by default mean that it definitely is, either."

As a local here, going into my first, post-tourist season adventure, I feel this couldn't have come at a more opportune time. Hey, we need something to ponder and discuss all Winter, fer cryin' aht lahd!

You be the judge. More to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it or is it not that is the question? Heck I think I can put on a tophat and have a photo taken in black and white with my face away from the camera...in a crowd naturally....and maybe just maybe someone will mistake me for....... Oh NM!!!

Thanks for the great pictures you put on your blog and see ya when I get back in town....Be careful out der amung da english!!!