Thursday, November 19, 2020

Who wants a prize?


Post the answer in the comments. To give everyone a fair chance, I’ll stop comments at 9:45am CST tomorrow, and will randomly pick a winner from those who posted the correct answer.

Who am I? (The picture is the Civil War ancestor, not the person the post is about).

1. I am named after my grandfather, who was killed in the American Civil War.

2. I learned a lot about horses and warfare from John Singleton Mosby in my early years. He and I often reenacted Civil War battles.

3. I was an Olympian, but lost my chance for gold in my strongest area of competition when the judges said I completely missed the target on a few of my shots. I argued that I didn't miss, but rather that the shots in question passed through holes in the target.

4. I first met my future commander during tank training exercises in Gettysburg.

5. I believed in the tactics of fast mobility, and always hitting hard and being on the offensive.

6. I also believed that an officer's job was not only to ask the impossible of his men, but to get it out of them.

7. I died in a car accident after the war ended in Europe, and I am buried with my men in Luxembourg.

Good luck!

No comments: